- Provides cost-effective 802.11ac/n connectivity for 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz clients with speeds up to 867 Mbps
- Simple installation, intuitive web-based configuration and wizard enable fast, easy deployment in minutes
- A Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface with PoE supports flexible installation and can reduce cabling and wiring costs
- Provides secure guest access to visitors and other users allowing you to control Internet access for guests and give them a better experience
- Intelligent QoS prioritizes network traffic to help keep critical network applications running at top performance
- Captive portal helps enable highly secure guest access with customized roles and rights
Fast, Simple, and Secure Wireless Technology
The WAP125 Wireless-AC Dual Band Desktop Access Point with PoE has 802.11ac technology to communicate with multiple clients at the same time significantly increasing multi‑user throughput and overall user experience
Guest Access, Highly Secure Connectivity, Simplified Configuration.
● Provides cost-effective 802.11ac/n connectivity for 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz clients with speeds up to 867 Mbps
● Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface with Power over Ethernet (PoE) enables flexible installation
● Secure guest WiFi access with 3rd party cloud managed guest WiFi services support
● Works right out of the box with easy installation and deployment
● Cisco Umbrella integration to protect wireless devices from malware and phishing
● Supported by the new Cisco® FindIT Network Management platform for easy management and control
● Provides peace of mind with a limited lifetime hardware warranty
In today’s dynamic business environment, employees are becoming more mobile and collaborative than ever. Businesses are now depending on cloud applications like Office 365 or Gmail. To stay productive, they need reliable, and fast wireless network to access mission critical applications with no delays. The Cisco WAP125 Wireless-AC Dual Band Desktop Access Point with PoE provide a simple, cost-effective and secure wireless networking to your employees and guests, so they can have the best experience to stay connected anywhere in the office. This flexible solution lets you connect dozens of employees, and can scale to accommodate additional users and changing business needs.
The WAP125 access point uses concurrent dual-band radio for improved coverage on mobile devices. A Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface with PoE supports flexible installation and can reduce cabling and wiring costs. Intelligent Quality-of-Service (QoS) features let you prioritize bandwidth-sensitive traffic for Voice over IP (VoIP) and video applications.
To provide highly secure guest WiFi access to visitors and other users, the WAP125 access point supports a captive portal with multiple authentication options and the ability to configure rights, roles, and bandwidth. A customized guest login page lets you present a welcome message and access details, and reinforces your brand with company logos. The WAP125 access point also offers support for 3rd party cloud managed guest WiFi services allowing you to control internet access for guests and give your customers a better guest WiFi experience.
The WAP125 access point is easy to set up and use, with intuitive and mobile friendly wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes. An attractive, compact design with integrated stand allows the access point to be placed on a desk or other flat surface.
To enhance reliability and safeguard sensitive business information, the WAP125 access point supports both Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) Personal and Enterprise, encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. In addition, 802.1X RADIUS authentication helps keep unauthorized users out.
The WAP125 access point is now integrated with Cisco Umbrella to protect employee and guest WiFi against web threats such as malware, ransomware and more.
Figure 1 shows a typical wireless access point configuration. Figures 2 and 3 show the product’s front and back panels, respectively.
Typical wireless access point configuration
● The single radio supports both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz, with speeds up to 867 Mbps for increased capacity and coverage
● The Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface can enable a high-speed uplink to the wired network
● Robust security, including WPA2, 802.1X with RADIUS secure authentication, and rogue access point detection, helps protect sensitive business information
● A captive portal supports secure, customized guest access with multiple rights and roles
● Simple installation and an intuitive web-based configuration wizard enable fast, simple deployment and setup in minutes
● Support for PoE makes installation easy without expensive additional wiring
● Support Plug and Play feature for mass deployments, when using FindIT network management platform
● Sleek design with multiple internal antennas and integrated stand
● Intelligent QoS prioritizes network traffic to help keep critical network applications running at top performance
● Workgroup Bridge mode lets you expand your network by wirelessly connecting to a second Ethernet network
● Support for Cisco FindIT Network Management platform offers easy management and control