- Pick Up Available
- Australian Warranty
- Checkout Securely
NetComm EM1660B VDSL/ADSL2+ Central Filter - Indoor Use Australian Certified used by NBN
The NBN roll out is well and truly underway, and with a majority of the population set to receive the
enhanced NBN broadband speeds via FTTN or FTTB, a simple VDSL filter can be the difference
between a fast and reliable connection and a troublesome, unreliable connection.
DSL filters are designed to separate the DSL signal from the voice frequency signal, so that the
Internet and phone connection are isolated from each other so there is no impediment and quality is
maintained. If you don’t have a filter/splitter, neither service will work at its full capacity.
With the NBN promising minimum speeds for certain connections, it is of upmost importance that
service providers and end users alike do all that they can to ensure that these speeds are met. By
simply installing a VDSL filter into a user’s configuration, any potential speed and connection issues
can be easily avoided. It is particularly import for FTTN/FTTB NBN connections as VDSL is much
more sensitive to noise. Greater bandwidth and greater speeds use higher frequencies that are more
vulnerable to interruptions
The EM1660 and EM1670 are Central Filters that require professional installation. Because they are
installed at the “gateway” to a property, users can be ensured that all signals throughout a house
are filtered and speeds will be maximised. As all houses are wired differently, wiring irregularities have
impact on DSL speeds and disturbance on a line. By installing a central filter/splitter, you can eliminate
any possible troubles that can be caused by irregular wiring.
The EM1660 is a small sized indoor filter/splitter while the EM1670 comes in a weatherproof
enclosure for outdoor installations.
The EM1660 and EM1670 both conform to all local safety and Telstra standards.
- Designed to get the best from your VDSL2 internet connection
- Perfect for any Fibre-to-the-Node (FTTN) or Fibre-to-the-Basement (FTTB) NBN
customers who will have the high speed Internet delivered into their homes via
- Supports vectored VDSL
- Separates data and phone signal so there is no interruption between the two
• Eliminates any broadband drop outs due to phone calls or faxes being sent
on the same line
• Minimises voice band interference to ensure quality phone calls
- Designed for central installation that will work to filter all connected equipment
throughout a premises
- Conforms to local safety and Telstra standards
- Also suitable for alarm systems
• Material: Plastic high impact ABS
• Dimensions: 44 (w) x 26 (h) x 90 (d) mm
• Telstra RCIT.0004
• Compliant to AS/CA S041:2015
• S002–App. F
• TS001, TS002 and AS/NZS60950(AS3260) safety
• Meets ETSI TS 101 952-1-5 V1.1.1 & ETSI 101 952-4 v1.1.1
• G.dmt, G.Lite, ADSL2, ADSL2+, VDSL2, VDSL2+ compatible
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 12 Months Limited Warranty
- Manufacturer Contact Info
(02) 9424 2070
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Device Deal users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.