QTS 4.4.0 (embedded Linux)
|Supported Client Operating Systems
- Apple Mac OS 10.7 or later
- Linux and UNIX
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Apple Safari 7 or later
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Mozilla Firefox
Chinese (traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish
|Supported File Systems
- Internal hard drive (EXT4)
- External hard drive (EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+, and exFAT)
Note: To use exFat you must purchase an exFAT driver license from License Center.
|Network & Virtual Switch
- TCP/IP: Dual stack (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Jumbo frame
- Port trunking（Link aggregation）
- DHCP server and client
- USB Wi-Fi adapter
Note: This feature does not support ad hoc networks because of security considerations.
- Virtual switch
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Software-Defined Switch mode
- Static Route
- NCSI (Network Connectivity Status Indicator)
- DDNS settings (Customize & Multiple Service)
- HTTP/HTTPS Connections
- Supports WebDAV Connection
- Supports Virtual Host (Max: 32)
- Importable SSL Certificate
- Network access protection with auto-blocking (SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, and AFP)
- Host access control for shared folders (CIFS/SMB)
- AES 256-bit folder-based and volume-based encryptions which are validated by FIPS 140-2 CAVP (Cryptographic Algorithm Validation Program)
- 256-bit external drive encryption (AES)
- Importing of SSL certificates from Let's Encrypt
- Instant alerts through email, SMS, push service, audio, and LCD panel
Note: Voice alerts are only available for models that have built-in speakers.
- 2-step verification
- Supported RAID types: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, JBOD, Single
- RAID Hot Spare and Global Hot Spare
- RAID Rebuild Speed Customization
- Online RAID capacity expansion
- Online RAID level migration
- SSD RAID Over-provisioning
Note: RAID 0 and JBOD Data RAID does not support Over-provisioning.
- SSD RAID Performance evaluation (with SSD Profiling Tool)
- Bitmap support
- Disk auto S.M.A.R.T. data migration
- Disk bad block scan and S.M.A.R.T test.
- Disk bad block recovery
- Disk secure data erase
- IronWolf Health Management
- Storage pools
- Qtier™ Data Tiering Technology
- Automatic or scheduled data tiering
- IO-aware auto tiering
- Shared folder tiering on demand
- Flexible volumes and LUNs with thin provisioning and space reclaiming
- Online volume expansion
- Volume type convert
- Volume shrink
- Storage space utilization
- Volume and LUN snapshots
- Snapshot Dashboard
- Snapshot Manager
- Snapshot local restore and revert
- Snapshot Clone
- Snapshot Replica and Snapshot Vault
- Snapshot remote restore and revert
- Unified Snapshot Directory
- Support for Windows Previous Versions (CIFS/SMB)
- Snapshot Agent for Microsoft Windows and VMware vSphere
- Storage expansion using QNAP expansion units
- JBOD enclosure roaming
- SSD read-only and read-write cache
- SSD write-only cache
Note: SSD Cache support Single, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10 configuration. The maximum cache size depends on installed memory.
|iSCSI (IP SAN)
- iSCSI targets with multiple LUNs per target
Note: The maximum number of targets is 256.
- LUN mapping and masking
- Online LUN capacity expansion
- SPC-3 persistent reservation
- MPIO & MC/S
- iSCSI Extensions for RDMA (iSER) with VMware ESXi
Note: This feature requires an Intel or AMD-based NAS with a PCIe slot, and a compatible Mellanox network card.
- iSCSI LUN backup, one-time snapshot, and restoration
- Virtual disks using iSCSI initiator
Note: The maximum number of virtual disks is eight.
- Stack chaining master
- Added support for sending notifications via SMS providers, including Nexmo, Twilio, and Clickatell.
- Added Outlook as an SMTP service option.
- Added support for sending notifications via instant messaging applications, including Skype and Facebook Messenger.
- Added support for Overview and History in Notification Center.
- Added support for 23 languages for notification messages.
- Added support for creating custom notification rules to specify notification criteria, including application categories, severity levels, and keywords.
- Delivery method and message recipient settings are now more flexible.
- Added support for creating multiple notification rules at the same time.
- Added support for sending notifications for a single system event.
- Wake-on-LAN (WoL)
- IPMI Management Module [x89]
- Standby mode for internal drives
- Scheduled power on and off
- Automatic power on after power recovery
- USB and network UPS support with SNMP management
|Access Rights Management
- Multiple user creation
- User data importing and exporting
- User quota management
- Local user access control (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and WebDAV)
- Application access control (File Station, Music Station, Photo Station, and Video Station)
- Subfolder permissions (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and File Station)
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and domain controller support
- LDAP server and client
- Domain user login (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and File Station)
- Free host name registration (DDNS)
- Optional myQNAPcloud SSL certificates (DDNS)
- Auto router configuration using UPnP
- Web-based file manager with HTTPS 2048-bit encryption
- CloudLink for remote access without complex router setup
- File syncing across multiple devices with SSL secure connection
- Selective synchronization for specific folders or subfolders
- Team folders as file center for better collaboration
- File sharing using email links
- Monitoring of NAS system resources such as CPU, memory and network
- Monitoring of NAS storage resources such as volumes, RAID, and disk activity
- Monitoring of NAS application resource use
- Creation of extra swap space when SSDs are installed
- Reporting of issues to the QNAP support team, with automatic collection of system information
- Remote connection between QNAP support engineers and NAS for issue resolution (with user permission)
- Multi-window, multitasking system management
- Smart toolbar and dashboard for system status display
- SNMP versions 2 and 3
- Resource monitor
- File sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX
- Microsoft networking
- Windows ACL
- Advanced folder permissions (AFP, CIFS/SMB, and FTP)
- Shared folder aggregation (CIFS/SMB)
- FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit)
- FXP support
- Cloud drive mounting for Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft OneDrive for Business, HiDrive, Amazon Cloud Drive, Yandex Disk and Box
- Remote shared folder mounting (CIFS/SMB, FTP, and WebDAV)
- Document viewing using Office Online, Google Docs, and Chrome extension
- Microsoft Office file editing using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- ISO file mounting (maximum: 256 ISO files)
- Mount smart phones as external storage
- Read access for compatible optical disc drives
- Read access for compatible smartphones (MTP)
- Download and upload link sharing
- File dragging and dropping (Chrome and Firefox)
- Photos, video, and music preview and playback with hardware-accelerated transcoding
- File compression (ZIP and 7z)
- Download link creation and sending for publicly shared files, with expiration date and password protection
- Subtitle display (SRT and UTF-8)
- Video seeking during on-the-fly transcoding video playback
- Slideshow playback in media viewer
- Convert image files to pdf by "Image2PDF" integration
- Qfile: Mobile app for file browsing and management
- Auto filing
- Recipe function
- Archiving through iSCSI, USB, DVD and remote NAS
- Advanced settings
- Source File Filters
- File Editing
- File deletion
- Data integrity check
- File conflict policy
Note: This feature is supported by all QNAP NAS devices with at least 2 GB of memory (excluding the TAS series)
- Video transcoding (240p, 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p resolution)
- Automatic video transcoding for watched folders
- Hardware-accelerated transcoding
- Embed subtitles into videos for background transcoding
|Hybrid Backup Sync
- Cloud storage backup to Amazon Glacier, Amazon S3, Azure Storage, Google Cloud Storage, HKT Object Storage, OpenStack Swift, WebDAV
- Cloud storage syncing with Alibaba Cloud, Amazon Drive, Amazon S3, BackBlaze B2, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, HiDrive, hubiC, OneDrive, OneDrive For Business, ShareFile, Yandex.Disk
- RTRR server & client with bandwidth control
- Rsync server with download bandwidth control
- Remote server syncing (CIFS/SMB, FTP, Rsync, and RTRR)
- Scheduled backup to local and remote storage spaces
- Backup versioning (RTRR)
- Encryption, compression, and file filters
- Centralized management for backup, restoration, and sync jobs
- Support for Apple Time Machine
- Data backup to multiple external storage devices
- Desktop backup with QNAP NetBak Replicator for Windows
- Support for the following third-party backup software: Veeam Backup & Replication, Acronis True Image, Arcserve Backup, Retrospect, Nakivo Backup & Replication, and Veritas Backup Exec
- Photo organization by thumbnail, list, timeline, or folder
- Virtual and smart albums
- Validity control for album sharing
- Photo tagging with text, colors, and ratings
- Slideshows with background music and transition effects
- Photo geotagging and display on Google Maps
- Photo uploading to Picasa, Flickr, and Weibo
- Album configuration backup and restoration
- Advanced folder permissions
- Support for domain users
- Photo Station Extension: Supports face detection and PDF to image
Note: This feature is only available on x86-based NAS models.
- Qphoto: Mobile application for online browsing and sharing
- Music playing and sharing through web browsers
- Music streaming to multiple devices
- Changing of album covers through Google search or by uploading photos
- Internet radio (MP3)
- Eight music alarms
- Switching between spotlight mode and manage mode
- Advanced search
- Scrolling lyrics
- Qmusic: Mobile application for music streaming and management
Audio and video sharing for Windows & Mac iTunes
- Video organization by thumbnail, list, timeline, or folder
- Virtual and smart collections
- Video tagging with text, colors, and ratings
- Video link sharing through social media and email
- Movie information and poster display from Internet sources or user-uploaded files
- Subtitle display (SRT, ASS, SSA)
- Subtitle search and downloading
- Subtitle file importing
- Subtitle display style adjustment
- Playback speed adjustment
- Direct video streaming for certain file formats
- Facebook login
- Advanced folder permissions
- Support for LDAP users
- Video uploading to YouTube and Youku
- Multi-zone video display
- Video-seeking support for video playback during on-the-fly transcoding
- Qvideo: Mobile application for online video browsing and management
- Virtual machine creation (Windows, Linux, Unix, and Android)
- Virtual machine importing, exporting, cloning, snapshot capturing, backup, and restoration
- Console display using HDMI output (QVM)
- HTML5-based shared remote console
- Various networking modes using virtual switches
- GPU pass-through using additional discrete cards
- Support for LXC and Docker
- Application downloading from the built-in Docker Hub Registry
- One-click installation
- Container importing and exporting
- Console mode
Three networking modes (Note: Docker containers support Bridge, NAT, and Host mode. Linux containers (LXC) support only NAT.)
- Auto-start containers
- Docker certificate downloading
- Private registry addition
- Application repository for switching to any repository on GitHub.com
- Full-text search
- Data distribution using a bar chart
- Previews for photos, music, videos, PDFs, Gmail, and others
- Advanced search operators and search scope
- Customized search filters with included or excluded conditions
- Related files suggestion in Viewer
- Search Chrome, Firefox and Safari extension
- Free 8 built-in camera channels for all models
- Expandable up to 128 camera channels (QVR Pro Gold license required)
Note: The maximum number of channels supported varies by NAS model, network configuration, and camera settings. For more information, visit https://www.qnap.com/go/qvr-nas-selector.
- Support for using QVR Pro as the motion detector
- Camera management across different networks
- Pre-allocation of dedicated recording spaces
- User-defined trigger events and corresponding actions
- Data sources paired with cameras for quick search
- Network interfaces assigned to each camera for recording sessions
- Support for RTSP and WebRTC
- Support for exporting and importing camera connection information as CSV files
- Integration with QVR Pro Client for viewing live and recorded surveillance videos
- Daily auto backup for QVR Pro configuration files
- Support for importing recordings
- Support for recording H.264/H.265 camera video streams
|QVR Pro Client (Desktop)
- Instant switch between Live and Playback modes
- Dynamic and adjustable layouts for camera and E-map views
- Qdewarp technique for dewarping fisheye and 360-degree cameras
- Region of interest for each channel
- Support for adding and editing cameras on QVR Pro Client
- Hardware acceleration for fisheye cameras
- Video wall (up to 8 monitors)
- Hardware acceleration on Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, and HybridDesk Station
- Multithreaded decoding
- Synchronized video playback
- Support for specifying exported recordings on the timeline
- Virtual keyboard (for HybridDesk Station version)
- Support for playing back recordings on deleted channels
- Notification messages for changes in system time zone on QVR Pro
- Server dashboard (when connected to QVR Center)
- Playback control via the keyboard (space and arrow keys)
- Support for displaying camera locations and event notifications on e-maps
- Support for selecting the format of export files
- Support for 2-step verification
- Cross-platform support: Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, QNAP HybridDesk Station
|QVR Pro Client (Mobile)
- Instant switch between Live and Playback modes
- Cross-platform support: Android and iOS
- Various advanced monitoring options, including sequential mode, PTZ control, auto cruising, and preset point control
- Support for receiving Instant push notifications
- Support for displaying camera locations on e-maps
- Server dashboard that displays NAS information, camera status, and recording space status.
- Support for managing up to 128 QVR Pro servers (QVR Pro Gold license required)
- Statistical graphics for visualizing event data
- Log management for all added servers
- Integration with QVR Pro Client for central monitoring across multiple servers
- Centralized views using cameras from multiple servers
- Backward compatibility with Surveillance Station and VioStor NVR
- Failover solution designed for QVR Pro to ensure server availability
- Viewing task details during the failover period
- Automatic switch between Standby and Takeover modes based on the QVR Pro server status
|QVR Pro CamPack
Support for more camera manufacturers and models
Note: To download the Camera Package, go to QVR Pro Plug-in Center.
- Support for configuring USB webcams as ONVIF IP cameras (remotely manageable)
- Support for monitoring live views (no other apps required)
- Support for RTSP
- Support for up to 5,000 IP cameras
- 8 free camera licenses
Note: Surveillance Station supports a free 8 and maximum of 80 camera channels. To add more camera channels, you need to purchase licenses from the QNAP License Store.
- Instant playback for recent surveillance events
- Visual options for e-maps
- Playback speed control
- Supporting for displaying preview snapshots on the timeline
- Intelligent video analytics (IVA) for advanced video searching
- Surveillance client designed for macOS
- Mobile surveillance application (Vmobile) for iOS and Android
- Mobile recording application (Vcam) for iOS and Android
- VPN server
- Friendly graphical overview page.
- Secure remote access with PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, QBelt(QNAP proprietary) protocol.
- Support for a maximum of 100 clients.
- Support public/ NAS default/ manually DNS server.
- Support manually assign/auto detect/none outgoing network interface.
- Support privilege settings for domain/Local users.
- VPN client
- Support PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, QBelt(QNAP proprietary) protocol.
- Support using VPN as a NAS default gateway.
- Support connection log check.
- Support utility and Mobile apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android.
- Support for DLNA/UPnP TVs and players such as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Support for CUE indexing file for APE and FLAC
|Q'center (NAS CMS)
- Monitoring of multiple NAS devices
- Utilization history reports
- Unified configuration management
- Monitoring of NAS devices behind NAT routers with Connect to Q'center
Note: The application is available in the App Center and in virtual appliance marketplaces (VMware vSphere ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V).
- YouTube video streaming
- Sorting by artist, language, and favorites
- Effects such as tuning echo, key, and applause
- Playlist control with a mobile application
- Support for keyboard and remote control (RM-IR002 and RM-IR004)
Note: Microphones are not included.
- QNAP NAS location on the same local network
- NAS shared folder mounting
- Basic setting configuration (firmware, SMTP server, and network settings)
- Storage Plug & Connect (Windows only)
- Creation and mapping of NAS shared folders
- Creation of and connection to iSCSI targets and LUNs
- Media upload (Windows only)
- Media file upload to the NAS
- Automatic creation of thumbnails or transcoding of videos using the computer
- Official and community software add-ons
- Automatic updates and notifications for new versions
- Repository for imported third-party content
- User-specified volume for storing applications
|AirPlay & Chromecast
- Video, photo and music streaming to Apple TV or Chromecast using the following:
- NAS applications: File Station, Music Station, Photo Station, and Video Station
- Mobile applications: Qfile, Qmusic, Qphoto, and Qvideo
Note: You must install the Media Streaming add-on from App Center.
- PC-less downloads (BitTorrent, FlashGet, FTP/FTPS, HTTP/HTTPS, QQDL, and Thunder)
- The application supports a maximum of 500 tasks.
- The maximum number of concurrent downloads for Intel and AMD x86-based NAS devices is 90 (30 BT/PT, 30 HTTP, 30 FTP)
- The maximum number of concurrent downloads for ARM-based NAS devices is 30 (10 BT/PT, 10 HTTP, 10 FTP)
- BitTorrent: Support for search, magnet links, private trackers, and proxy
- Scheduled download and bandwidth control
- RSS subscription and download (broadcatching)
- Support for add-ons that extend download functionality
- Qget: Mobile application for download browsing and management
|Notes Station 3
- Insert Evernote Notes in Notes Station 3
- Enable Embedding YouTube video into Notes
- Table creation using the insert table editor
|HD (HybridDesk) Station
- Photo, video, and music playback on TV through HDMI
- Support for Chrome and Firefox
- Support for international keyboards and mouse input
- User login permissions
Note: The decoding capability of the CPU and graphics card may affect playback of some video files.
- Usage of the NAS as a Linux-based computer
- Support for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu Kylin 16.04
- Application downloading and usage from the Ubuntu Software Center
- Remote desktop for remote monitoring and accessing of Ubuntu
- One-way scheduled sync of contacts from multiple Google accounts
- Contact importing from CSV or vCard 3.0 files
- Contact exporting to CSV or vCard 3.0 files
- Duplicate contact searching and merging
- Contact management: Groups, favorites, lock, search, delete and restore
- Support for Android and iOS
- Daily task automation
- Social media data archiving
- File synchronization between the NAS and various cloud services
- System event notifications on Line, Skype, Gmail, and mobile phones
- Music playback on Music Station using Amazon Echo voice commands
- Usage of motion detection sensors as trigger for camera recording on Surveillance Station
- Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Some features may vary by model.
- QTS does not support DRM content and some IPv6 services.
- Some data encryption features may be unavailable because of country-specific legislative restrictions.
- The following features are deprecated but will continue to function until completely removed in a future release. QNAP recommends planning now for the future removal of support.
- Support for wireless ad hoc networks
|QIoT Suite Lite
- Launch your IoT application with the shortest time and least human force
- Supports multiple protocols (MQTT, HTTP and CoAP) and dashboards, and allows for the quick connection of development boards along with multiple sensors
- The graphical rules engine provides drag-and-drop blocks with connection nodes, making it flexible to form a workflow
- The customizable dashboard offers great advantages to help monitor important information of connected IoT devices.
- Joint benefits from private & public clouds
- Respond to Local Events in Near Real-time
- Operate Offline
- Secure Communication
- Simplified Device Programming with AWS Lambda
- Reduce the Cost of Running IoT Applications
- Centralized Remote Management solution designed for IT Teams in every industry relying on networked computing devices.
- Remote Management of Windows, Linux and IPMI compatible devices
- Offers you threshold based alerts to fix performance problems before they impact your users, applications and the business.
- Supports many active monitors like CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, Disk Utilization, CPU Temperature, CPU Fan speed, and many more, giving complete visibility for administrators across all the mission critical computing devices.
- Enable you to benefit from higher productivity, better collaboration and faster recovery from device downtime or system performance
- Support Android mobile app
- Multiple Security Policies (Basic/Intermediate/Advanced/Custom).
- Checks NAS settings for security weaknesses.
- Integrates with existing anti-virus services.
- Integrates with existing anti-malware services.
- Integrates with the Security Advisory service.