Choosing the right antivirus?
There are many competing antivirus programs available. At times, it can get a bit daunting to decide which one you should get.
This article will help you find the best antivirus software for your needs. It includes a short summary of each program so that you can see what each one offers before downloading it to your computer.
Why should I use antivirus?
There are many reasons why you should consider using an antivirus program.
Some people use it to make sure they aren't accidentally downloading a virus onto their computer. Others use it to ensure they have a good firewall as well as virus protection built into their system.
Still others prefer to limit the amount of time that they spend on the internet so they download only a few files at a time and make sure that these files are always scanned for viruses before installation.
The best method to avoid infection is to prevent being infected in the first place.
With antivirus software, your chances of infection are lowered substantially. They can even alert you when you attempt to visit a malicious or unprotected website, so you will know to avoid giving your bank and personal details.
What should I be looking for?
Before you download any antivirus program, you should be looking out for the following:
- Check whether the company has a good track record.
- Read online reviews, particularly for positive and negative ones.
- Make sure the software works with your computer and operating system, whether that's Windows, macOS, or Android and iOS.
- Consider a program which blocks threats in real-time and in your browser.
- Ask yourself if you need extra features such as parental controls and VPN.
You might also want to consider getting a networking router with antivirus built-in. Some mesh Wi-Fi systems have integrated protection, as do higher-end routers.
With that out of the way, let's run through some of the top-performing antivirus solutions.