10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Smart Managed Plus
NETGEAR® 24-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi- Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch (XS724EM) Product Setup Sheet
NETGEAR introduces the XS724EM, the first 24-port 10-Gigabit/Multi- Gigabit Multi-speed Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2 SFP+ port and 5-speed 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G per port for flexible connectivity. Through an intuitive GUI it provides easy, reliable and affordable connectivity with VLAN, QoS, LAG and IGMP management capabilities.
The XS724EM also include the full set of Smart Managed Plus software features such as traffic prioritization and link aggregation. It also comes with the NETGEAR ProSAFE Lifetime Limited Warranty and 24/7 lifetime chat for complete peace of mind.
As a leading provider of network equipment for SMBs, NETGEAR® understands the importance of reliable and high performance networks. With the growth of virtualization, cloud-based services and applications like VoIP, video streaming and IP surveillance, SMB networks need to extend beyond simple reliability to higher speed and performance. The 10-Gigabit and Multi-Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switches from NETGEAR present the right solution for this requirement; delivering unprecedented non-blocking10-Gigabit bandwidth at the most affordable cost. All of them are perfect for removing the SMB network bottlenecks caused by the proliferation of Gigabit-to-the-desktop and the upcoming 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit high end workstations.
Configurable L2 Networking Features
The 10G Web Managed (Plus) Switches provide plug-and-play connectivity, in addition to configurable L2 network features in order to meet current and future needs on virtualization, converged networking and mobility. Some of the main features include:
- Advanced VLAN support for traffic segmentation including port-based and 802.1Q-based
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) for traffic prioritization including port-based and 802.1p/DSCP-based
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
- IGMP snooping support for multicast optimization
- Loop detection and broadcast storm controls
- Rate limiting and priority queuing for better bandwidth allocation
- Port mirroring for network monitoring
- Port trunking/link aggregation (LAG) allows for increased throughput beyond 10G or to provide redundancy across the link(s)
- Jumbo frame support
The all new GS110EMX, XS512EM and XS724EM comes with the revolutionary 5-speed Multi-Gigabit technology built in the NETGEAR multi-speed switches allows your devices to speed past the Gigabit barrier.
The ports automatically detects which speed is needed by the connected device and provides the adequate speed. Moreover the Multi-speed switch ports can be connected with regular Cat5E Ethernet cables, without the need to upgrade to Cat6 wiring, therefore reducing wiring costs and hassle.
10-Gigabit Transition with BASE-T
With 10GBASE-T support, the 10G Web Managed (Plus) Switches enable a standard RJ45 Ethernet jack and existing Cat 6 or Cat 7 network cables to be used, delivering a 10X increase in network performance with minimum network changes and upgrades.
- 10GBASE-T is backward compatible, auto-negotiating between higher and lower speeds, thereby not forcing an all-at-once network equipment upgrade
- Cat 5/Cat 5e are supported for Gigabit speeds and Multi-Gigabit (2.5G, 5G) speeds up to 100 meters
- Cat 6 twisted pair copper cabling supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 45 meters
- Cat 6a or newer Cat 7 cabling will allow for up to 100 meter 10GBASE-T connections
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI makes setup and management simple
- Standards-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
- Worry-free with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Hardware Warranty
- Minimal down-time with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Next-Business-Day (NBD) Replacement Warranty
- Get deployment assistance with 90-days Free 24x7 Advanced Technical Phone Support
- LIFETIME 24x7 Online Chat Technical Support
Support low-latency, line-rate 10G Copper “BASE-T” technology with backward compatibility to Gigabit Ethernet and Fast Ethernet. Cost-effectively migrate current network to 10G capacity by utilizing the existing Cat 6 RJ45 short connections (up to 45m) and Cat 6a / Cat 7 connections up to 100m.
10GBASE-X SFP+ ports
Providing flexibility to uplink to 10G-capable core or aggregation switches that support fiber links. Backward compatible to Gigabit fiber. Support copper or fiber modules.
Support line-rate 2.5G/5G "NBASE-T" technology with backward compatibility to Gigabit Ethernet and Fast Ethernet. Upgrade your current network without upgrading your existing cabling, thanks to Multi-Gigabit you will be able to run 5G and 2.5G over connections up to 100m.
Comprehensive QoS Features
Advanced controls for optimized network performance and better delivery of mission-critical traffic such as voice and video. Ingress and egress rate limiting allows for bandwidth shaping for mitigating network resources constraints or for optimizing guest access bandwidth on the network.
- Port-based or 802.1p-based prioritization
- Layer 3-based (DSCP) prioritization
- Port-based ingress and egress rate limiting
For improved network efficiency on delivering multicast traffic. Save cost and improve network efficiency by ensuring multicast traffic only reaches designated receivers without the need of an extra multicast router.
Loop Detection / Auto DoS Prevention
Detect accidental network loops and protect against DoS (Denial of Service) attacks.
Port-based & 802.1Q-based VLANs
Segment network into smaller groups for more secure and efficient use of network resources.
Port Trunking / Link Aggregation (LAG)
Build up bigger bandwidth to support aggregated uplink/downlink traffic.
Energy Effiecient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az)
For maximum power savings and reduced energy costs.
For better and quicker network diagnostics and troubleshooting.
Easily identify bad Ethernet cables.