- Pick Up Available
- Australian Warranty
- Checkout Securely
Australia Post Express - Option A - $19.00
Air delivery Australia wide. 1-3 business days shipping (after payment approval)
NETGEAR's ProSAFE® XS712T and ProSAFE® XS728T are powerful Smart Managed Switches that come with either 12 or 24 10-Gigabit Copper ports and either 2 Combo SFP+ (XS712T) or 4 additional Dedicated SFP+ ports (XS728T) for 10G Fiber links. NETGEAR's 10G Smart Managed Switches are purposely designed as a cost-effective way to provide 10G connections to 10G-capable servers and NAS (Network Attached Storage) systems. They can be used at the "center of a small business network" or as an aggregation / access switch in a larger organization including workgroup access, connecting to a 10G NETGEAR ProSAFE® M7100/M7300 Fully Managed Switch on one end and extending the 10G connections to the edge.
Comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite Features
Both the XS712T and XS728T Smart Managed Switches provide comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite features in order to meet our customers’ current and future needs on virtualization, converged network and mobility. Some of the main features include:
- Advanced VLAN features such as Protocol-based VLAN, MAC-based (Media Access Control) VLAN and 802.1x Guest VLAN
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) with L2/L3/L4 awareness and 8 priority queues including Q-in-Q
- Static Routing (including IPv6 on XS728T)
- Private VLAN
- Dynamic VLAN assignment
- IGMP and MLD snooping
- Advanced Security
- IPv6 for management, QoS and ACL
10-Gigabit Transition with Base-T
- 10GBase-T, like other Base-T technologies, uses the standard RJ-45 Ethernet jack
- It is backward compatible, auto-negotiating between higher and lower speeds – thereby not forcing an all-at-once network equipment upgrade
- CAT5/CAT5E are supported for Gigabit speeds up to 100 meters
- CAT6 twisted pair copper cabling supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 45 meters
- CAT6A or newer CAT7 cabling will allow for up to 100 meter 10GBase-T connections
Designed as a Core Switch for SMB Networks
- 10G connection to 10G-capable servers and network storage
- Powerful L2+/Layer 3 Lite features make them the most cost-effective core switches for SMB and virtualization environment
- Future-proof your network with 10G bandwidth, advanced traffic management and comprehensive IPv6 support
- Static routing helps to route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
- IGMP and MLD snooping provide advanced multicast filtering
Act as an Aggregation Switch for Medium Sized Networks
- 10-Gigabit switches help to resolve the congestion issue between network edge and core, which is caused by the broader adoption of Gigabit-to-the-desktop
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet provides greater scalability than multiple Gigabit Ethernet links, resulting in a simplified and highly efficient network infrastructure
- Up to eight 10-Gigabit Ethernet links can be aggregated into a virtual 80-Gbps connection
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet reduces cabling complexity and uses existing cabling efficiently
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy-to-use Web-based management GUI makes setup and management simple
- Standards-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
- Dual firmware images, improving reliability and uptime to your network
- Worry-free with NETGEAR ProSAFE®LIFETIME Hardware Warranty*
- Minimal down-time with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Next-Business-Day Replacement Warranty
- Get deployment assistance with 90-days Free 24x7 Advanced Technical Phone Support**
- LIFETIME 24x7 Online Chat Technical Support
Support low-latency, line-rate 10G Copper “Base-T” technology with backward compatibility to Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet. Cost-effectively migrate current network to 10G capacity by utilizing the existing CAT6 RJ-45 short connections (up to 45m) and CAT6A / CAT7 connections up to 100m.
SFP+ 10G Fiber Ports
Backward compatible to Gigabit fiber. Providing flexibility to uplink to 10G-capable core or aggregation switches that support fiber links.
Comprehensive IPv6 Support for Management, ACL and QoS
Build current network with future in mind. Ensure investment protection and a smooth migration to an IPv6-based network without switch replacement. IPv6 static routing support (XS728T only).
A simple way to provide segmentation of the network with internal routing through the switch – reserving the router for external traffic routing only, making the entire network more efficient.
Robust Security Features
Build a secured, converged network with all types traffic by preventing external attacks and blocking malware while allowing secure access for authorized users.
NETGEAR XS728T ProSAFE 24 Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Switch - 24x 100/1000/10GBase-T Ethernet RJ-45 Ports - 2x Combo 1000/10GBaseX Fiber SFP+ Ports - 800MHz, 512MB RAM, 8MB SPI + 256MB NAND Flash - Limited Lifetime Warranty - XS728T-100AJS
|Device Type||10 Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Switch|
|Dimensions||440 x 310 x 43 mm (17.3 x 12.2 x 1.7 in)|
|Network Ports||24x 100/1000/10GBase-T Ethernet RJ-45 Ports
2x Combo 1000/10GBaseX Fiber SFP+ Ports
|Package Contents||ProSAFE® 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Smart Managed Switch
Rubber footpads for tabletop installation
Quick install guide
Resource CD with links to online documentation, installation guides, Web-management user manual, Smart Control Center (SCC) software and User’s Guide.
|Product||NETGEAR XS728T ProSAFE 24 Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Switch|
|Standards Compliance||CE mark, commercial
FCC Part 15 Class A, VCCI Class A
Class A EN 55022 (CISPR 22) Class A
Class A C-Tick
|Weight||5.04 kg (11.1 lb)|
|Ports Type||Ethernet RJ-45 Ports
Fiber SFP+ Ports
|Optional Accessories (Sold Seperately)|
|Data Tranfer Rates||10 Gigabit|
- Manufacturer Warranty
- Limited Product Lifetime Warranty
- Manufacturer Contact Info
(02) 8117 6800
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other DeviceDeal users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.