- Pick Up Available
- Australian Warranty
- Checkout Securely
The PEX4S952 4 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16950 UART allows you to turn a PCI Express slot into 4 RS-232 (DB9) serial connections.
The four port serial card is based on a native single chip design, that harnesses the full capability of PCI Express (PCIe) - providing optimum reliability and speed, and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards.
Offering compatibility with a broad range of operating systems including Windows®, Linux and Mac® OS for easy integration into mixed environments. Plus, an included optional low profile/half-height bracket that allows the card to be installed in virtually any computer case – making it that much easier to add serial ports to your PCI Express enabled computer, regardless of the case form factor.
Backed by a StarTech.com Lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express offers increased performance, for up to 48% less cpu load
- Data transfer rates of up to 460 Kbps for efficient serial device performance
- Pre-configured for standard profile systems but includes a low profile bracket for versatility
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||PLX/Oxford - OXPCIe954|
|Port Style||Integrated on Card|
|Data Bits||5, 6, 7, 8|
|Max Baud Rate||460.8 Kbps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|External Ports||4 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® CE 6.0/5.0/4.2, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 |
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
Linux 2.4.x to 4.11.x LTS Versions only
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 80°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 100°C (-4°F to 212°F)|
|Product Height||0.8 in [2 cm]|
|Product Length||3.5 in [90 mm]|
|Product Width||2.6 in [65 mm]|
|Weight of Product||9.8 oz [277 g]|
|Package Height||1.6 in [41 mm]|
|Package Length||5.7 in [14.6 cm]|
|Package Width||8.2 in [20.9 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||13.4 oz [379 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 4 Port Serial Card|
|1 - 4 Port DB9 Break-out cable|
|2 - Low Profile Bracket|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Device Deal users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.